I'm a native New Yorker who has worked in the mental health field in New York city since 1992, both in the public sector, and in private practice. I'm a Licensed Clinical Social Worker/Psychotherapist in New York & Oregon and a Registered Creative Arts Therapist.
My practice experience includes counseling people with anxiety, PTSD/history of trauma, depression and other mood disorders, addictions, adult children of alcoholics or mentally ill parents, lesbian, gay, bisexual or queer sexuality, gender identity: medical and/or social gender transitioning for children, teens, and adults who identify as transgender or non-binary and those who are questioning their gender identity, LGBTQ family/partners, people living with HIV/AIDS, and other life challenging conditions.
Psychotherapy is a collaborative process that begins by exploring the issues you bring into therapy in an environment of openness, and nonjudgemental curiosity. Together, we will work toward strengthening your inner emotional resources, and your ability to begin to make more satisfying life choices for a greater sense of wholeness, and harmony.
* The Therapist’s Therapist: One of my specialties is working with the challenging issues that are unique to psychotherapists in the field of psychology. I work with new therapists, and seasoned ones, all are welcome. The psychotherapy I provide for therapists is not supervision or a supervision-like therapy, it is psychotherapy. *read more on the dropdown menu page of my practice experience for: The Therapist's Therapist.
My therapeutic approach is eclectic: Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Mindfulness-based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Attachment Theory, Harm Reduction and 12-Step recovery and Creative Arts Therapy.
• Therapy for: children (10yrs +), teens, adults, and elders. I work with people of all nationalities, races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, physical disabilities and health status.
• Fee: $150/individual; $200/family *sliding scale available upon request *
• Payment: using Square.com or Zelle Quick Pay (a free, secure, bank to bank connection).
Simple, free, (HIPAA compliant) means a secure tele-therapy connection. Here is the
tele-therapy link: When we schedule an appointment this link will take you to a virtual waiting room and I will connect with you at your appointment time.
• Insurance: Insurance is accepted, if you have out-of-network mental healthcare coverage. Things to ask your insurance company with a phone call: Does my insurance plan have out-of-network mental health care coverage? What is the amount that I will be reimbursed for therapy? Generally, this is the way it works: You pay the therapist their fee, then at the end of the month the therapist will give you an invoice or "super bill" and they will also help you fill out a 1500 form (out-of-network reimbursement form) and you mail the invoice and the 1500 form into the insurance company and you will get reimbursed a percentage of the therapy fee. The reimbursement rate can be: 80/20 or 60/40, meaning that you get reimbursed 80% and end up paying only 20% of the fee, which is basically a co-pay amount, if you were in network. Or, you get reimbursed 60%, and end up paying 40% of the fee. If you have any questions about insurance, please contact me using the contact page of this website.
• Cancellation & rescheduling policy: For therapeutic as well as operating reasons, there is a cancellation & rescheduling policy of 24-hours prior to your appointment time. Less than 24-hours notice will result in the charge of your session rate.
• Professional Affiliations:
• National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
• American Art Therapy Association (AATA)
• World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH)